Be a student leader in 2020! Nominations to gain a position on the Student Representative Council are open. Keep reading to find out how to apply.
In the event that more than the required number of students applies for any given position, the position will then go to an election.
The Student Representative Council has 26 student positions that represent our CQUniversity locations and cohorts.
The Student Representative Council can choose to co-opt up to 2 people to provide the Council with any relevant specialist expertise required or to ensure its representation is consistent with its responsibilities. Co-opting allows the Council to select people with the necessary expertise or knowledge to help it in its duties. Co-opted members have the same voting rights as all other members.
Rights of Audience and Debate
- Vice-Chancellor and President, or nominee
- Deputy Vice-Chancellors
The membership requirements are set out in the Terms of Reference, and members are shown on the Membership Listing.
All members (except for TEP, STEPS and VET Representative Members) will have a term of office of two years, and can serve for no more than two terms of office.
Formal calls for nominations to serve on the Student Representative Council for vacant positions will be released through email and student communications during the month of March. If more than one nomination is received for a vacant position, an online election will be held for the position.
Current vacant positions include:
- Central Highlands Region Higher Education Student Representative
- Gladstone Region Higher Education Student Representative
- Indigenous Student Representative
- New South Wales Region Higher Education Student Representative
- Postgraduate International Student Representative
- Research Higher Degrees Student Representative
- Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies Student Representative
- South East Queensland Region Higher Education Student Representative
- Sunshine Coast Higher Education Representative
- Townsville Higher Education Student Representative
- VET Student Representative
- Western Australia Region Higher Education Student Representative
- Wide Bay Burnett Region Higher Education Student Representative
Nominations open Monday, 9 March and close Tuesday, 31 March. To nominate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed nomination form, current CV and a statement detailing why you should be a student leader in 2020.