CQUNI CAREER CONNECTION
Did you know CQUni has an online mentoring tool that connects students and alumni (graduates) for one-on-one career conversations? Get advice, coaching and career preparation from the people who have been there before you.
Alumni Mentors can provide advice on a range of topics. There are many benefits of connecting with a mentor. These include:
Take the hassle out of networking and speak directly to someone who is in your dream industry, role or company. You can ask them what you can do now to help your job search, tips on how to find a job, what it’s like to work in their profession and industry and more.
Alumni have been there and done that, and now they’re working in the industries and professions you will soon be stepping into. Late nights studying, juggling work and study, finding your first job, having a career or study crisis – CQUni graduates have been through it all. And who better to get advice from, than someone who has been there before you?
Following their mentoring consultation, 72% of students felt confident or very confident to speak to industry professionals.
CONNECT WITH A MENTOR
- Sign up to CQUni Career Connection, where over 200 CQUni alumni mentors are waiting to connect. Because of our global footprint, mentoring sessions are held online – this means you can connect with a mentor no matter your (or their) location.
- Create your profile – it takes just a few minutes and is even faster if you import information from your LinkedIn profile. The program will recommend mentors for you, based on the info in your profile.
- Search for potential mentors, or select the ones recommended to you. You can search by company name, course name, industry and more.
- Send a request to your desired mentor or mentor/s. You can choose between three different types of mentoring conversations:
- Career conversations – chat directly with someone who has been there and done that.
- Resume critique – have industry insiders give feedback about your resume and/or cover letter.
- Mock interview – practice for your big interview with graduates who can help you land the job.
BECOME AN ALUMNI MENTOR
Assist a current student by becoming part of the CQUni Career Connection. Give the next generation of CQUniversity students the advice you wish you’d had.
- Register at CQUni Career Connection - Create a professional bio (or import your LinkedIn profile), indicate your availability, and areas of expertise.
- Get Discovered - Your profile will show up for people searching for your know-how.
- Connect - Connect with students over the phone or in writing.
- Make a Big Impact - 77% of students getting help from alumni advisors said it directly contributed to their job offers.
- It's Easy - Give back whenever and how often you want, on topics you know well. No obligations beyond responding to incoming requests.
- Privacy Protected - We won't share your contact info. Phone consultations happen through conference numbers and written messages are routed through the system.
Create your profile now in less than 3 minutes!