MyCQU - Legal Advice

Legal Advice
StateLegal Advice ServicesServices Provided
Australian Capital TerritoryTBA 
New South WalesRedfern Legal Centre
73 Pitt Street
Redfern NSW 2016
Telephone: (02) 9698 7277
International students in New South Wales can get advice about housing problems, fines, debts, car accidents, employment, discrimination, family law, domestic violence, and complaints about colleges or universities. Redfern Legal Centre can also advise how these problems affect student visas.
Northern TerritoryNT Legal Commission
6th floor
9-11 Cavenagh Street
Darwin NT 0800
Telephone: 1800 019 343
The NT Legal Commission provides free and confidential services to everyone and they will assist with criminal, family, civil as well as immigration matters.

Caxton Legal Centre Inc. incorporating Seniors Legal and Support Service
1 Manning Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Telephone: (07) 3214 6333

Legal Aid QLD 

The Caxton Legal Centre provides legal and social welfare services to low income and disadvantaged persons in need of relief from poverty, distress, misfortune, destitution and helplessness, and to educate such people in legal, social welfare and related matters.

Legal Aid give legal help to financially disadvantaged people about criminal, family and civil law matters.

South AustraliaOffice of the Training Advocate 
Ground Floor West
55 Currie Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: 1800 006 488
The Office of the Training Advocate provides independent advice or guidance about all aspects of living, working or studying in South Australia.
TasmaniaStudent Legal Service (SLS)
Room 1.12 – Faculty of Law
(Lower Level, near the Law Café)
Sandy Bay Campus
University of Tasmania
Telephone: (03) 6226 2847

The Student Legal Service is run by dedicated University of Tasmania (UTAS) students for the benefit of the entire community.  It is free and confidential, and supported by great local lawyers.

The general advice sessions are available for both students and the community and are staffed by the most capable student volunteers in their final years at University.  The specialist advice service on Migration matters are managed by practitioners for UTAS students.

VictoriaStudy Melbourne Student Centre (SMSC)
599 Little Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Telephone: 1800 053 449

The Study Melbourne Student Centre provides general information and help with accommodation, health, employment and legal problems.

They also help international students to access services in the community.

Western AustraliaInternational Education Conciliator Service
Department of Education Services
Level 9, 20 Walters drive
Osborne Park WA 6017
Telephone: (08) 9441 1900
The International Education Conciliator Service provides a free independent service to assist in resolving problems between international students and their education providers.