As a student visa holder, it is your responsibility to be aware of your visa conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in the cancellation of your visa. These conditions include (but are not limited to):
Conditions with regards to your studies
- Complete your course within the duration specified on your CoE,
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress,
- Attend at least 80% of your classes,
- Remain with the principal education provider for six (6) calendar months, unless issued a letter of release from the provider to attend another institution,
- Remain enrolled in a registered course which has a CRICOS number
Conditions about working
- You cannot work for more than 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session.
- You can work for more than 40 hours per fortnight during official vacation periods
- You cannot start paid work until you have started your course in Australia.
Updating Personal Details and OSHC
- Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your student visa,
- Update your address in MyCentre within 7 days of your arrival in Australia or any subsequent address changes.
Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress As per the above conditions, you are putting your visa at risk by not maintaining satisfactory academic progress. CQUniversity monitors your academic progression at the end of each term through our Monitoring Academic Progress (MAP) program. You will be identified as not achieving satisfactory progress if you:
- fail more than 50% of your units in a term
- fail the same unit twice or more
If you do not achieve satisfactory progress, you will receive a notification to your student email account in the week following Certification of Grades. It is important that you action the steps in the notification within the designated time frames. Visit the MAP website for more information about this support program.