Alert icon

Moodle-HE is due to be upgraded on Tuesday, 27 October. While this upgrade is taking place, Moodle-HE will be unavailable from 6 am to 7.30 am (AEST).

This is a standard upgrade and will not introduce any new student-facing features.


MyCQU - Final Term Information

Final Term Information


Students in their final term are usually anxious to know what they need to do post-completion to either finalise their study at CQUniversity and/or apply for their next visa.

Key Dates

Once your grades are formally released, the University will check your academic record to ensure you have met the requirements of your degree. Once we confirm you have completed your course correctly, you will be conferred (awarded) with your degree.

Term 2, 2020:

Certification of Grades – Friday, 6 November 2020

Conferral Date Term 2 – Monday, 23 November 2020

Conferral Date is the date on which you are officially conferred with your award. This date will be printed onto your testamur (certificate) and official academic transcript as the date you are officially recognised as a CQUniversity graduate.

Documents and Graduation

Statement of Completion

After you complete your studies, but before you attend a graduation ceremony, you may need evidence that you have completed your degree. The Statement of Completion will confirm you have successfully completed your course.

To request a Statement of Completion, complete the Statement of Completion (Graduating students only) eForm. It is recommended you submit your eForm after certification of grades, but before conferral date. Your Statement will be emailed to your student email account 5-10 days after conferral or your submission date (whichever is later).

Official Transcripts

If you are applying for another visa, you may need to submit an Official Academic Transcript as part of your visa application. Official Transcripts can be ordered and paid for online. To find out more, please visit our Academic Awards on our website.

All transcripts are printed and sent from the Rockhampton Campus. To ensure your transcript is sent as quickly as possible, we recommend you apply online after certification of grades, but before conferral date (ensure you indicate you are a graduand when you submit your request).

MY eQuals

CQUniversity has launched My eQuals, an online platform that will allow you to access digital copies of your transcript and testamur after conferral. You can access My eQuals at anytime, anywhere and share your transcript and testamur with employers, other universities and third parties, enabling them to view these online. By accessing transcripts and testamurs via My eQuals, third parties can be certain of the authenticity of each document.

Once your course has been conferred, you will receive an email through  your student email address inviting you to join My eQuals and access your documents.

For more information, please visit My eQuals Explained on our website.

Testamur and Graduation

Once you have been conferred, a ‘My Graduation’ tile will appear in MyCentre. You will need to click on this tile to complete your graduation registration. You must register for graduation even if you choose not to attend a formal graduation ceremony. You may choose to attend any of our graduation ceremonies, or you can request for your testamur to be mailed to you. If you wish to attend a ceremony, it is important you complete your registration before the registration closing date.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all graduation ceremonies are currently on hold. Please visit Graduation on our website for more information.

Staying in Australia

If you plan to remain in Australia once you complete your studies, you will need to ensure you apply for a new visa before your current visa expires. Once you are conferred, the University completes your CoE as you have finished your studies. If you have completed your course early, please refer to the Completing Course Early section of the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website to ensure you do not breach your visa.

The DHA website contains a list of visa options and document checklists. It is strongly recommended that you start gathering your required documents as early as possible. Any documents provided by the University will not be available until after conferral date. Therefore, they should be the last documents you require to submit your application.

Health Insurance

Most visa application will require you to provide evidence of your Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC). This is a different type of insurance than what you currently hold as a student. The University’s preferred OSHC provider, Allianz Global Assistance, also provides OVHC. A number of other health cover providers also offer health cover for overseas visitors. Benefits, membership costs and eligibility can vary between insurers, so do your research!