Are you great at social media? Want FREE coffee for a term? Here's how...
In Term 1, 2017, the Student Communications team is launching a brand new program for students.
Introducing...the Social Squad.
We want YOU to help us create fantastic content on social media, starting conversations with fellow students and helping answer questions online.
We'll give you the tools you need, all you need to do is bring your ideas.
What's in it for me?
This is where FREE COFFEE comes into it. Yes, that's right, free coffee.
Members of the Social Squad will receive a free coffee every week (from the coffee shop closest to or on their campus). You'll be able to perform most of your Social Squad duties in the time it takes you consume that coffee*!
Each term, we'll also take votes on the most popular Social Squad post, with the top post winning its author a $200 CQUni Bookshop voucher.
Aside from free coffee and possibly a free textbook or two, you'll be able to list social content generation as a key skill on your resume.
*Depending on how quickly you drink your coffee - it sometimes takes me half a day and two email reminders.
What will I have to do?
Here are a few things you'll be asked to do as a member of the Social Squad:
- Understand the ins and outs of social media
- Be a member of UCROO and regularly check in with the student social network
- Know where to direct fellow students with helpful advice (second-year students and above preferred)
- Contribute photos, ideas and on-campus insights into CQUni student life
- Be able to produce clever social content in a professional manner.
How do I apply?
Applications for this intake of the Social Squad have CLOSED - we'll send an email when they reopen for Term 2.
In the meantime, keep checking in on UCROO to see what the Squad is up to!