Follow these steps to create a new club or society:
Step 1- Expression of interest
You’ll need to complete the Clubs and Societies Expression of Interest eForm. If you need assistance completing this form, please email SRC@cqu.edu.au.
Step 2 – Inaugural Meeting
Your first meeting is required so that your club or society can work together to discuss:
- Setting clear aims and objectives for your club or society
- Developing a timetable of events that you’d like to hold throughout the year – and what kind of support you will need to make them happen
- Constructing a constitution for your club or society. You can either create your own, or you can adopt the University’s clubs and societies constitution. All constitutions need to be formally approved by the Coordinator, Student Representative Council before being formally adopted.
Step 3 – Host an Annual General Meeting
An annual general meeting is where your club or society will need to:
- Adopt the constitution
- Elect club or society contacts
- Collect membership fees (if required)
- Discuss opening a community bank account and nominate signatories
- Create a club or society email address
- Financial acquittal (Treasurers report).
It’s important to note that clubs and societies must have a minimum number of 6 members with at least 50% of members being enrolled CQUniversity students.
Step 4 – Submit Documentation
The following completed documents will need to be submitted to the Student Representative Council:
- Clubs and Societies Expression of Interest
- Clubs and Societies Membership List
- Constitution Guide
- Annual General Meeting Minutes
For more information about club management, events and activities, and club and society promotion, visit the Clubs and Societies Handbook!
Clubs and Societies on Ucroo
As the official CQUniversity student social network, Ucroo can be an important tool in helping you to communicate with your fellow students. Ucroo has a Clubs & Societies section, specifically created to help you manage your club or society at CQUni.