MyCQU - Plan and enrol

Plan and enrol

Plan your course

To enrol in units, you should first visit your Course Planner from our First Year Planner webpage.

Your First Year Planner details the units we recommend you enrol in during your study. Print or save your planner as a guide to help you add units in MyCentre.

Should you apply for credit transfer, please refer to the Course Planner supplied by the Course Advice Team.

You should refer to the CQUni Handbook if you have returned to study, to ensure your course hasn't changed. If you notice changes, be sure to submit the Course Advice eForm.

Enrol in units

Certain courses do not allow students to use MyCentre to add units. Unsure? Check your Offer letter!

Once you have visited your Course Planner please proceed to MyCentre to enrol in the units you want to study this term or for the entire year.

If you have changed courses with CQUniversity, you must ensure that you have dropped all units for the current term under your old course before enrolling under your new course.

For help enrolling in units, visit the Enrol in MyCentre instruction sheet.

Need course advice?

The Course Advice Team is available to assist with study planning, credit transfer and enrolment enquiries. If you need assistance, be sure to follow these instructions so your enquiry can be responded to as soon as possible:

  • Contact the team
  • Be sure to include detailed information regarding the enquiry, including your student number and the course or units you are needing help with.

Course Credit

Course credit, also known as credit transfer, exemptions or recognised prior learning (RPL), may be granted to students who are able to demonstrate appropriate prior learning or experience.

Who can apply for Course Credit?

If you have undertaken study in the last ten years, you may be eligible to credit towards your CQUniversity degree. Please ensure you consult the Course Credit Policy, Principles and Procedures for further information prior to submitting your application. The policy can be found at

Details on how to apply and application timeframes can be found at

Student Finances

As a university student, you are responsible for understanding and managing your student finances. There a a number of different fee schedules, depending on your citizenship, and course. If unsure, please check your Offer Letter or contact us.

Refer to the Student Finances section of the Student Portal for more information about the different fee schedules.

Instruction sheets

Class Timetables

Students who are enrolled in on-campus units will be required to create their personalised timetable via the Set My Timetable option in MyCQU.

The DRAFT Class Timetable is published four weeks prior to the commencement of the forthcoming term. Students and staff, when reviewing the DRAFT Class Timetable for the forthcoming term, will have a period of two weeks (10 working days) in which to provide comment to the Timetabling Section prior to the publication of the official timetable. The DRAFT Class Timetable can be viewed in your MyCQU Portal, for assistance with this please visit the MyCQU All Class Timetables instruction sheet.

My Timetable will become available two weeks prior to term commencement with the release of the OFFICIAL Class Timetable.

For assistance with this  please access the My CQUniversity Timetable instruction sheet. The instruction sheet includes information on creating and changing your timetable, along with what to do if you have clashing courses.

As directed by the instruction sheet, if you have clashing courses, please contact timetabling through the Timetabling Enquiry eForm.

Where are your classes held?

Once you have created your timetable please visit our CQUniversity Locations webpage. From here, you can select your campus or centre and then locate the Map from blue navigation bar. It is important that you become familiar and comfortable with the campus you will be attending. The online map will allow you to explore your campus and even select a specific building or place of interest that you may be looking for.

International Enrolment Support

For assistance enrolling at Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney campus, Student Services can be contacted with the below details:

Brisbane Campus

Student Services, Level 7
160 Ann Street
Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia
Tel: +61 7 3295 1188

Melbourne Campus

Student Services
120 Spencer Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel: +61 3 9616 0555

Sydney Campus

Student Services, Level 1
400 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61 29324 5008

Other locations

For assistance enrolling at other campuses, or by distance education, Student Services can be contacted with the below details:

International Student Liason Officer
Building 31, CQUniversity Rockhampton
Bruce Highway, Rockhampton  QLD  4701
Tel: + +61 7 4930 9456