PEER ASSISTED STUDY SESSIONS
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are structured online group study sessions aimed at units which have been identified as historically challenging for students.
Sessions are facilitated by PASS Leaders, students who have recently received excellent grades in the unit and have undergone nationally accredited training. Studies have shown that students who participate in 4+ PASS sessions a term may see an increase in marks with students participating in 10+ sessions a term receiving a higher overall grade.
PASS Provides weekly, out of class, informal sessions for PASS supported units either on-campus or online. By sharing knowledge, experience and strategies, students will:
- develop smarter study skills
- develop useful exam preparation techniques
- gain a deeper understanding of unit content
- experience increased motivation and confidence to complete the unit
- create connections with other students and develop interpersonal skills.
PASS SUPPORTED UNITS
The following units will be supported by PASS in Term 1, 2020.
- ACCT11059 Accounting, Learning and Online Communication
- ACCT11081 Introductory Financial Accounting
- BIOH11005 Introductory Anatomy & Physiology
- BIOH11006 Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- BMSC11001 Human Body Systems 1
- BMSC11002 Human Body Systems 2
- BUSN20017 Effective Business Communications
- CHEM11042 Fundamentals of Chemistry
- EDCU13018 The Arts
If you believe your unit should be PASS supported, please contact your Head of Course.
My Unit is Supported - How do I Register For PASS?
PASS Sessions commence on Monday of Week 2. Students can register via this Moodle unit, or through their eligible unit Moodle sites. Please register for your chosen session/s each week.
Much like tutorials, it is important that you are coming to the session prepared. Sessions are not recorded as active participation is the key to students finding these sessions effective. More information is available in the PASS unit in Moodle.
Contact your school if you want your unit supported by PASS. If you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 13 27 86.
PASS is proudly supported by the Student Representative Council.
Peer Assisted Study Sessions are supported by funds from the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF). All SSAF funds are used to enhance or extend student services and facilities in accordance with funding guidelines. Find out more about SSAF funding allocation.