Be prepared. Be engaged. Be supported. Be confident.
CQUniversity is working to transform and enhance your student experience – from your first engagement through to graduation and beyond.
Your MyCQU Student Portal (the site you're on now) is currently a gateway to learning materials, student systems, support services, helpful articles, news and events. We know that many students use the Student Portal to access their Moodle units, student email, unit profiles, timetables, and grades. It’s a great platform, but we also know that it can be easy to get overwhelmed with so much information at your fingertips. That’s why we are working to deliver a new look and feel for the Student Portal.
New look for MyCQU coming soon
We are collaborating with students like you, to co-design a new way to interact with us online, find answers, access learning materials, and connect with services, advice, and opportunities. It’s not too late to get involved. If you would like to join us as a member of the Student Advisory Panel, complete this eForm.
Our new look Student Portal is a journey, not a destination. We are using co-design and new technologies to build on the good elements of our current Student Portal in a way that will ensure we keep the same great features, while helping you to find the advice you need and the opportunities you want to connect with. This means that you will notice some changes when you visit the MyCQU Student Portal later this year.
Launching this year
We are expecting to release the new look and feel in October, but we will keep you updated about the exact date. From there, we will continue to incorporate student feedback and deliver new and enhanced features into the future.
Change can be daunting sometimes, so here’s what you should know now:
- A new look and feel for the MyCQU Student Portal is coming later this year.
- This change will not affect Moodle or MyCentre, but it will change the way you access these systems from the Student Portal, and it will also make it easier to find information and advice online.
- You will notice the change when visiting the URLs sportal.cqu.edu.au or my.cqu.edu.au
- This change will enable us to use new technologies to address the feeling of overwhelm that many students experience when trying to find information online.
- Personalisation and a mobile-first design will be key features.
We will guide you through this change with regular communications. You can connect with us and have direct input by joining the Student Advisory Panel. To do so, complete this eForm.
For now, there’s nothing you need to do, just keep an eye on your student email for updates and let us know if you would like to provide feedback.
We will be in contact again soon with insights from students involved in the design process, and previews of the new look and feel between now and the end of the year.